- Interpret legal texts for the Bank and assist management in interpreting and applying statutes, rules, and regulations to ensure compliance of the Bank.
- Participate in preparing and/or represent the Bank in judicial proceedings regarding enforcement of laws, rules and regulations.
- Protect members and stakeholders’ rights, privileges and interests in intellectual property and other product innovations, processes through patents and copyrights and take the necessary action to protect and preserve such rights from infringement.
- Undertake research in legal precedents, investigating facts, preparing legal documents/reports/correspondences.
- Negotiate contracts, leases, formal agreements and other legal instruments between the Bank and other parties.
- Facilitate effective and timely security perfection.
- Maintain legal data-base of the Bank including recording information on ongoing cases for the Bank, monitoring of the cases and liaising with the advocates and the business to ensure successful completion of matters.
- Review of legal forms and documents to ensure they are appropriate for business.
- Provide support in planning and coordinating the annual general meeting (AGM).
- Be a holder of a bachelor’s degree in law from a recognized university.
- Should have post-graduate diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
- Be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a valid practicing certificate.
- Should be a member of the Law Society of Kenya in good standing.
- Should have minimum of Two years’ experience in providing legal services in a commercial environment.
- Should have strong communication, writing and presentation skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates and meeting the requirements to send their applications by 29th September 2023 to [email protected].